Donald R. Sobey Bursary Program
The Donald R. Sobey Bursary is a $2,000 renewable bursary available to students entering NSCC on a full-time basis. It was established through a $4-million gift from the Donald R. Sobey Foundation.
The Bursary is designed to:
- Encourage and assist students in obtaining potentially life-changing education
- Support students in strengthening their skills so they can secure meaningful employment
- Help students become role models in their communities
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be referred by a community organization or law enforcement agency
- Be planning to enrol in a full-time program at the College
- Have unmet financial need
How to apply
Download the application (PDF 227kB)
Applicants who do not have access to a computer/printer can contact their community group or agency or the College to pick up an application in person.
Complete and submit the application to the community group or agency that has referred you. A representative will then complete their section of the application and submit it to the College on your behalf.
Bursary selection criteria
A selection committee will review the application and look at the following:
- Your financial situation and other reasons you should be considered for the bursary
- The supports you have in place with your referring organization, and how they will help you in achieving your education and career goals
NSCC Student Awards Office
5685 Leeds St.
Halifax, NS B3K 2T3